What the Bible Teaches About Salvation
Salvation, the Bible way is a very simple thing to understand. Our Father wanted to make the plan of Salvation so simple that even the youngest mind can understand. There are five things God wants you to understand.
1. Jesus said that a man "MUST BE BORN AGAIN" (John 3:3). Salvation is essential. If a man neglects this aspect of the Scriptures then there is no hope of Heaven. Heaven is not for the deceased, Heaven is for the Redeemed.
2. You must realize that you are a sinner. Romans 3:23 says, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Sin entered into the world when Adam and Eve fell in the Garden of Eden, and since that time all have sinned. Regardless of how good you are, you still fall short of the Glory of God.
3. Because you are a sinner, you are going to die. The wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). You do not have to live in this world very long to realize that death comes to all of us.
4. But the gift of God is Eternal Life through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:23). "Neither is there salvation in any other, for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be Saved" (Acts 4:12). Jesus Christ paid the price for your sin debt. He went to the cross of Calvary, and died, just because He loved you.
5. Jesus Christ must be received as your personal Lord and Saviour. "But as many as received him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God. I John 5:12 states "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
If you are not sure of your salvation please contact me, Pastor Steve Goens, at 275-4077 or stop by the office of the Baptist Temple at 2417 'N' Street. You may also reach me by way of E-Mail SCGOENS@AOL.COM.